Sony has also announced a bunch of new Circular Polarizing Filters. You might want to check them out if you’re a frequent user of filters to maximize the potential and quality of your shots.
The new Circular Polarizing Filters include models for lenses with diameters of 9mm, 55mm, 62mm, 67mm, 72mm, 77mm and 82mm. These new offerings promise to preserve the image quality and resolution about twice[i] as effectively as the existing selection of Sony circular PL filters. The new filters also feature a ZEISS® T* Coating to minimize flare, as well as a slim filter design to prevent image vignetting and maximize overall performance. All these make the filters the perfect pair for Sony’s flagship G Master lenses.
New to Sony gear and haven’t figured out yet if you need these polarizing filters? If you do a lot of landscape photography or even shoot a lot of portraits outdoors, they make important tools for reducing glare, managing reflections, and darkening the skies.
Eager to get your hands on the new Circular Polarizing filters? They’re set to ship in April /May 2019 (depending on your region) at the following prices:
- 49mm (model VF49CPAM2) – €110 / $100 US / $130 CA
- 55mm (model VF55CPAM2) – €120 / $110 US / $150 CA
- 62mm (model VF62CPAM2) – €150 / $140 US / $190 CA
- 67mm (model VF67CPAM2) – €170 / $155 US / $200 CA
- 72mm (model VF72CPAM2) – €180 / $165 US / $220 CA
- 77mm (model VF77CPAM2) – €200 / $180 US / $240 CA
- 82mm (model VF82CPAM2) – €260 / $230 US / $300 CA